Monday, March 3, 2014

YES! CHICAGO TRIP MARCH 2014!

I am very excited about this year's spring break to Chicago as the dates approaching. Chicago has been a memorable place for me as it was the first American city I got to see when I fist came here almost three years ago( even though I only got to see the airport at that time). I also had my very first trip in America there during my Thanksgiving break in 2011. I love Chicago because it embraces different cultures and wonderful people from all around the world. So I think our awesome group which includes both Americans and internationals will definitely fit in.  I am excited also because the people I will have the trip with are awesome. They are a group of people who are passionate about learning and serving hunger and homeless issues/people in America.
Hunger and homelessness have always been a global issues for a lot counties in the world. Both developed and developing countries. In order to resolve those problems, it is key to first have more people aware and concern about those issues. It is very meaningful that Missouri State is hosting this trip and giving students from different parts of the world the opportunity to learn some hands on experience about hunger and homelessness. Those participants, educated college students and potential future industry leaders, their awareness and actions can possibly affect those issues in a big, positive way in the long term.
As an international student, I have got a lot of help and support from my American friends since I got to Springfield. I am very glad to have the opportunity to serve those Americans who need help and give back to some great people on this wonderful land. I am interested in learning about community service and volunteering system here and possibly earn some experience that might apply back to my home country and better serve those in need in my home country and whatever places I will settle down in my future life.

No comments:

Post a Comment